THE SEEDLESS AND GUMLESS JACKFRUIT
The Gumless Jackfruit is sweet and having no or little gum jackfruit. The deep orange flesh is soft, with a strong, sweet flavor and aroma. The fruit is medium in size, averaging of 6.7 kg, with an edible flesh percentage of 35% for each. The exterior of the fruit is dark green in color and has a sharp fleshy spine.
The Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus), also known as jack tree, jackfruit, or sometimes simply jack or jak, is a species of tree in the fig, mulberry, and breadfruit family (Moraceae). Jackfruit is a huge tree that grows to as high as 30 meters, larger than mango, breadfruit, etc. It is believed to be indigenous to the Southwestern rain forests of India. Today, it widely cultivated in the tropical regions of the Indian subcontinent, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brazil for its fruit, seeds, and wood. The tree grows best in tropical humid and rainy climates but rarely survives cold and frosty conditions.
In a season, each tree bears as many as 250 large fruits, supposed to be the biggest tree-borne fruits in the world. The fruit varies widely in size, weigh from 3 to 30 kg, and has oblong or round shape, measuring 10 cm to 60 cm in length, 25 to 75 cm in diameter.
MAINTENANCE OF THE PLANTATION
Once a plantation has been established, the work should not be considered finished. It will be necessary, for example, to protect the plantation against weather, fire, insects and fungi, and animals. A variety of cultural treatments also may be required to meet the purpose of the plantation.
- Exotic fruit plant. Packet contains – 1 healthy live plant in polybag without pots.
- Jackfruit is the state fruit of kerala . It is the largest tree borne fruit known for its distinctive taste and aroma.
- This variety is having less lactex (gum – less). It is grafted variety and will fruit with in 1-2 year of planting .
- Could be grown on lage sized container in terrace/ balcony garden .
- Comes in safe and secure packing. We use a specially ventilated recyclable package which ensures healthy delivery for your plants.